Sunday, November 2, 2008

1 more day?

Still no baby! The countdown thingy says 1 more day, but we'll see. The due date is tomorrow though! That's exciting because even if she doesn't come tomorrow, she will come soon.

At my last appointment, (last Tuesday) Dr. Harkins decided that he wanted to induce labor at 41 weeks. After realizing that he would be out of town that day (Monday, the 10th) he scheduled me for induction on the 7th which is this Friday! So only 5 more days no matter what! Please pray that the baby would come before that though. I really don't want to be induced and would rather have her naturally without the pitocin. (The drug that they give you to make your contractions start) If you think about it, your prayers would be appreciated. We're so thankful for all of you that are praying already. :-)

Heidi seems to be feeling much better! I was going to take her to the vet tomorrow, which I was a little concerned about because of how much it costs to take her in, but she has been so much better today that I don't think that I'll need to! She must have had some sort of doggy cold or flu. She had been coughing/gagging, had diarrhea and a runny nose, was scratching her ears, and was just really lethargic. Today she was smelling EVERYTHING. It was almost like her nose hadn't been working for a few days and suddenly today everything was new and needed to be sniffed! She seems much happier and it makes me feel better about taking her to the kennel when it's time for the baby to come. What a relief. :-) (She doesn't do very well at the kennel as it is so that's why I was concerned)

Well that's all that's new. I have another Dr.'s appointment on Tuesday so if I find out any new information I'll be sure to pass it along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray the baby comes with NO pitocin! LORD, WE TRUST YOU FOR THIS AND WE LOVE YOU!
AMMMEN

Holly said...

Happy due date!! I'm praying for lots of contractions for ya!!