Thursday, October 9, 2008

My First Hospital Visit Ever

So, I had my first ever hospital visit. I tried to tell Jordan that it was actually a good thing because now I won't be nervous about being at the hospital when the baby is born, but he didn't buy it... truthfully neither did I. You have to try to find some sort of silver lining though right?

Anyways, I think I ate a bad taco at Taco Bell on Sunday night which let to some food poisoning on Monday. I was feeling better on Monday night but by Tuesday afternoon I was feeling worse. I threw up 6 times on Tuesday (twice at the hospital). I didn't realize that I was in trouble until about 2pm on Tuesday. I figured that I was just sick and I would get better but what I didn't realize was how much more easily pregnant women get to a point with dehydration where it's a vicious cycle of drink, feel nauseous from dehydration, throw up, drink, feel nauseous from dehydration, throw up, you get the idea... So when I immediately threw up my water on Tuesday afternoon, I thought... hmm this isn't good. Luckily we had an appointment with the doctor just a couple of hours later, so I talked to him about it when we got there.

He sent us over to Labor and Delivery and I got my first IV! (feeble attempt at some silver lining...) May I suggest not allowing someone who needs "practice" to attempt putting in your IV... it wasn't a pleasant experience. My blood pressure dropped and I almost passed out. I was also having some significant contractions. After that though I just continued to feel better and better (despite a couple of batches of nausea), but we did end up having to stay the night for more fluids. Jordan didn't sleep well in the pullout chair, but I suppose he did get some practice sleeping in one of those for when our little girl arrives.

All in all I got nearly 4 bags of fluids and didn't really feel like I had to pee the whole time. I suppose by 8:30 this morning though they figured that I was alright and let us go home. Poor Heidi was in her crate from 3:30 on Tuesday afternoon until 10:30ish this morning (Wednesday). We did have a friend stop by to let her out to go to the bathroom Tuesday night but still... That's a long time for a dog to be in a crate! I felt badly for her.

Everyone is good now! The baby is fine, I'm fine, Heidi is fine, and Jordan is fine! We were actually working on a little project tonight that Jordan is putting together for the 586 FLTS. He recently switched to working at the test track (the 846 test squadron) and he has a "going away" party on Friday night! I'm sure he'll be happy to provide some pictures of the finished product before he gives it away.

Thanks everyone for all of your prayers. It's encouraging to know how many people are thinking of us and our little girl.

No comments: