Saturday, April 11, 2009

I never want to wash dishes in the bathtub again

We showed our house again today and were encouraged to hear that the person was "very interested." She didn't agree to buy it yet because she's still looking (she just started), but it's still exciting.

Cleaning was a little more stressful than it could have been because we currently have a plumbing disaster. Our sink got clogged last night, and the application of Drano crystals didn't work. So this morning I tried some liquid stuff (twice) which also didn't work. We still had a kitchen full of dirty dishes from 2 meals, and we were running out of time before the showing. I tried the crystals again, but they take some time to work so I had to wash most of the dishes in the tub. Finally, about 5 minutes before the woman arrived, the green toxic nastiness drained from the sink and it appeared that all was well- I ran some water down and it drained thoroughly.

Obviously the showing went well, but halfway through I heard the sink bubbling, and when I walked over to check it out there were some vapors coming out of the drain and the kitchen was starting to smell of caustic chemicals. I quickly opened several windows and I don't think anybody noticed, but it could have been disastrous.

So our sink is still clogged, and I'm still dumping chemicals down it. I suppose if that doesn't work I'll have to pull apart some plumbing under the sink, and I really don't want to do that.

No comments: