Monday, August 3, 2009

busy

This weekend Sarah and I have been working frantically--cleaning the house, visiting friends, and packing our belongings. Sarah leaves tomorrow (with Liza), and I leave on Wednesday. As it turns out, this is a lot of work.

We are also recovering from colds. Yes, all 3 of us. Heidi has so far managed to escape, but the rest of us have had sore throats and runny noses for 4 or 5 days. Being sick has really thrown our run training off schedule, which makes this as good a time as any to mention the fact that...

We decided to run the 10k at the AF Marathon in September. It's at Wright-Patterson, so we won't have to travel very far to do it, and we had just enough time to train for it together. Sarah was scared at first, but she's doing a great job, and we're having a lot of fun running together as we train for the event. I had initially been planning on running the marathon, but my friend Jason backed out on me and, well, I can't run a marathon without him.

So we're excited to move. We should be in our new home (which we have never seen) on Monday, a week from tomorrow.

No comments: