Friday, September 26, 2008

School

For those of you who can't stand the anticipation, here's an update of all the departments at the Air Force Academy who do NOT want me to teach for them.

In June I applied to teach for Mech or Aero. In August I went to Colorado Springs for an interview with the Mech Department. They have since ranked me 6 of 8 for 3 spots. Then Aero contacted me and a week later told me that they had not chosen me. The day before Aero's denial, Astro contacted me out of the blue, and I had to consider whether I would want to teach for them or not (I said yes). Astro passed my info to Systems Engineering (which isn't properly a department at all) who then called to ask if I was interested in SE, which did sound interesting to me. I was their second choice, but the Air Force would not let their first choice go. But then they did, so I'm out of that now.

If you were able to follow that, you realize that I am now waiting on Astro to hire me (or not) and send me to grad school. Barring that though, there is still a chance that the Air Force would just decide to send me even without any departments choosing me. Updates here as they are available.

No comments: